Orautoha School first opened on the 27th of January 1908 with a roll of 20 pupils. At that time each valley had a school, approximately 6 schools in total.
Today Orautoha is the only school servicing the community. The new school building was built in 1967. Upgrades to the school site have included a new library and storage area in 1987 and an administration extension in 1999.
In 2006 we had a new classroom added onto our school, increasing the size of our classroom space by 50%, also providing a staff room and a storeroom.